The National Shrink Database® is a retail industry benchmarking tool designed to provide indicators and analysis of losses associated with shrink. LP Innovations and CAP Index teamed up to create a unique means of location-specific analysis and benchmarking. Membership is FREE to data contributing retailers.
Our objective is to provide our members with greater decision-making abilities through the analysis of key statistics pertaining to loss prevention, real estate and operational metrics.
No other database in the industry today provides the everyday benefits and value of the National Shrink Database®.
The Benefits of the National Shrink Database®
- Ability to benchmark industry-wide or segmented statistics focusing on shrink, security measures and shrink distribution analysis.
- Research location-specific statistics provided through a variety of geographical search capabilities.
- Data is updated regularly by our membership, making the statistics more accurate for benchmarking.
Uses of the National Shrink Database®
- Research Target or High Shrink areas in support of your loss prevention initiatives.
- Improve your budgeting and resource allocation for New Store Openings or Relocations.
- Compare locations against others within the same retail categories or geographical locations.
- Determine the need to implement various security equipment based on a qualified analysis of others.